BGC is a Western Australia based group of companies with interests in:
- Residential and commercial building
- The manufacture of building and construction products
- Contract mining
- Civil engineering construction and maintenance
- Road transport
- Property ownership and management
The driving force behind BGC’s dynamic growth since the 1960s has been and still is Len Buckeridge.
Len Buckeridge’s strategy has propelled BGC to become one of Australia’s largest privately owned group of companies.
The strategy continues to guide BGC and has as its pillars:
- The reinvestment of profits for growth and the maintenance of production capabilities at a high state.
- The supply of high quality products.
- Being flexible in our efforts to meet customers’ requirements.
- Deep involvement in the provision of high quality housing to low income and disadvantaged people.
- Vertical integration of BGC component business units.
- Decentralisation of decision making to trading business units in the interests of accountability, agility and the provision of opportunity widely among staff members.
Through this strategy, BGC has steadily broadened its product range, enhanced its supply capability and outgrown the Western Australian market. The Group has operations in each of Australia’s mainland states and its international reach extends to a distribution network in East Asia and New Zealand.
With the acquisition of The Australian Plasterboard Company in August 2007, BGC now has nine owner operated stores across the eastern seaboard of Australia.
Our mission at BGC is simple – we want to ensure that people can always ‘build it better with BGC‘.